12:15 pm
RT @PoweredByCats: Tonight! #OWS #NYCSC at Riverside Church - 91 Claremont Ave between 121st & 122nd St (1 train to 116 or 125) 7pm-10: ...
19:35 pm
Hi fam! #OWS Spokescouncil is rolling up here on 121st St, at Riverside church. We're doing reportbacks… #nycsc #ows
19:36 pm
Sage is talking about his frustration with trying to maintain his working group so his restricted dietary needs can be met by the movement.
19:37 pm
OccupyDignity: "We've been recently helping connect w/ OccupyPortland. There's a big action in WA about a nuclear waste facility." #nycsc
19:38 pm
Cont'd: "That'll be April 15th; there'll be solidarity actions here." Members of OD are traveling to do restorative justice work there.
19:38 pm
Sebastian (OD) notes that the entire culture of the area revolves around the facility, so they want to make sure concerns are kept in mind.
19:39 pm
DA: "Many are coming together to talk about Mayday; been difficult to agree on language. On Sunday, there was a breakthrough." #nycsc #ows
19:39 pm
Cont'd: "We want to make sure that we learn from the past, and that when there's big actions that affect everyone, everyone knows how.."
19:39 pm
Cont'd: "…to plug in, b/c it takes everyone to do a major day of action. The language was basically the larger frame of Mayday 2012, and..."
19:40 pm
Cont'd: "…then there's a statement with the framework that #OWS and #NYCGA is in solidarity for calls for a "day without the 99%,".." #nycsc
19:40 pm
Cont'd: "…which includes General Strikes and more."#nycsc #ows
19:40 pm
Cont'd: "The framework that came out of DAWG is not set in stone, but we want maximum #s of ppl participating, either in streets, or…"
19:41 pm
Cont'd: "…teaching about Mayday in classrooms, etc, but mostly in the street." There will be a rally, DAWG will discuss with unions.
19:41 pm
DA's spoke suggests that we may have a joint, permitted march with unions that will march to the upper east side "Where the 1% lives."#nycsc
19:42 pm
This Wednesday, folks will be at 33 W 14th at 8:30 to discuss Mayday. #nycsc #ows
19:42 pm
This Wednesday, folks will be at 33 W 14th at 8:30 to discuss Mayday. #nycsc #OWS
19:42 pm
Someone points out Mayday is often celebratory, and wants to know if there'll be some. DA is supportive, notes the plan is evolving. #nycsc
19:44 pm
Occupy the Youth are doing an event w/ students on stop and frisk, loan debt, school-to-prison pipeline and direct democracy. #nycsc #ows
19:44 pm
OtY meet Wednesday at 6 in the Atrium at 60 Wall. #nycsc #ows
19:45 pm
Outreach notes that Occupy Town Squares was really great! More of that going forward. Also, they still have a printing budge for WGs! #nycsc
19:45 pm
To get stuff printed, email print@nycga.net with your working group's nycga.net email address. #nycsc #ows
19:47 pm
PoC Direct Action are having another meeting this week. #nycsc #ows
19:47 pm
Picture the Homeless is calling for some accountability from Finance, and they meet Sundays at 60 Wall. Not sure what time. #nycsc #ows
19:48 pm
That's it for announcements! First agenda item is "to start a conversation" about a budgeting process. Idea is to break up into WGs… #nycsc
19:49 pm
Cont'd: "…and discuss 4 questions." Brooke offers 2 mins of background if it's of interest to people. #nycsc #ows
19:49 pm
Brooke: "So, basically, the #Spokescouncil, which was proposed in Sept and formed in October…" Sage interrupts, suggests it's not fair...
19:50 pm
Sage: "It's not fair" to frame Spokescouncil one way or another, when "there are a lot of opinions about SC and why it was formed." #nycsc
19:50 pm
Lisa asks Brooke to continue. "This is just about finance. There were 4 bulletpoints, including making logistical decisions and…" #nycsc
19:51 pm
Cont'd: "…approving #OWS finances." Brooke notes that the process of assembly ended up taking over a month, and then we ended up just...
19:51 pm
Cont'd: …saying that it was operational and that all groups were included. "But we intended to have a budgeting process soon, but didn't.."
19:51 pm
Cont'd: "…have the forethought" to see that the assembly process would be a huge thing. "We didn't start that process; now that there's..."
19:52 pm
Cont'd: "…a spending freeze from the GA, this is a moment that the #SC could step into the original intention that the GA approved…" #nycsc
19:52 pm
Cont'd: "…which is to do budgeting for not the movement but for the money we use within Occupy Wall Street." #nycsc #ows
19:53 pm
Brooke notes "participatory budgeting" may be unfamiliar to ppl, but it's about us collectively working on the budget. #nycsc #ows
19:53 pm
Haywood: "Don't get caught up on phrase 'participatory budgeting'; we just need a budget." They want to have conversation about… #nycsc
19:53 pm
Cont'd: ..what working groups need in a budget. "This is about coming forward and having a budget, which is rational for any organization."
19:55 pm
Sage: "All language requires assumption, so if I say something tht sounds assumptive, please interact with me, otherwise I'll keep talking."
19:55 pm
Cont'd: "So, #OWS. Ppl are showing up. Sleeping there. For that to work, we have to make decisions. GA requires a long term process…" #nycsc
19:55 pm
Cont'd: "…of vetting before proposals can go forward. It's called, people are coming up with plans, and then someone comes up and says..."
19:55 pm
Cont'd: "…I haven't eaten for 3 days. Someone else says I can't eat pizza. Someone else says, I need a raincoat." #nycsc #ows
19:56 pm
Sage notes that these requests are interrupting the "movement assembly, this passionate, activist decision-making body." #nycsc #ows
19:56 pm
Lisa tries to cut Sage off, bt he says "it's really important." Lisa encourages him to find his way to his pt "to respect the group's time."
19:57 pm
Sage: "The words "operational logistics of #OWS", for many ppl, meant the camp." Feels many who consensed upon SC felt that way. #nycsc
19:57 pm
Cont'd: "You'll notice that proposals from SC don't need to be vetted over time; this is b/c the operational needs come up on a day to day..
19:57 pm
Cont'd: "…basis." Feels that folks who don't feel need to recognize disenfranchised voices left wiggle room for exclusion in design.
19:58 pm
Sage: "I don't know how to deal with people who have a giant blind spot about this." Lisa says he's right re: confusion abt "operations".
19:59 pm
Lady feels we need "a headquarters", not where ppl sleep, but to have a stable environment, a permanent address. #nycsc #ows
20:00 pm
Secondly, Lady feels we need to create a "decentralized way of raising funding," so it's not going into one pool like "mommy and daddy."
20:00 pm
Lady suggests we have separate pools. She knows someone who provides ppl with fundraising profiles and apps for computers and phones. #nycsc
20:00 pm
Lady: "The 3rd app is to create a phone app for iPhone and Android so we can stay better connected within the movement." #nycsc #ows
20:01 pm
Lady says that would cost between $20 and $30k, and the space could be a storefront. #nycsc #ows
20:02 pm
Lisa wants to hear from other groups who need to chime in before we have working group discussions, asks only Spokes to speak. #nycsc #ows
20:03 pm
Someone who isn't a spoke asks to chime in and continues before getting an answer. "Usually a budget starts w/ what we have… it sounds…"
20:03 pm
Cont'd: "..like we're starting from what we need instead." She doesn't understand. Lisa says we're starting a conversation first. #nycsc
20:05 pm
Jason notes there are 5 questions for working groups: where they see themselves in the budget and financial needs… #nycsc #ows
20:05 pm
Cont'd: …how they see themselves w/ fundraising and attitudes towards it, ideas re: decentralized vs. centralized budgets… #nycsc #ows
20:06 pm
Cont'd: …analyze how affinity groups have done outside fundraising, and thinking up other financial models outside of fiscal sponsorship.
20:06 pm
Lisa notes that we don't need to make decisions tonight, "we're doing what we shld do more often, which is building a proposal from…" #nycsc
20:07 pm
Cont'd: "…the group itself." [I've heard about this recently from other experienced facilitators; props should come from whole group.]#nycsc
20:33 pm
OK, we're coming back together after discussing these questions in our working groups! #nycsc #ows
20:35 pm
Lisa: "Since we're in a creative process, and not trying to make a decision, I'd like to get your highlights." #nycsc #ows
20:37 pm
Minutes: "As far as our budget goes, we'll have occasional items such as laptops." Favor "transparent" project-based fundraising… #nycsc
20:38 pm
Cont'd: ..in part because groups know what they need. Translation: "We really don't have any need for money, except special projects…"
20:38 pm
Cont'd: "..that's usually handled by affinity groups. I suppose we're open to fundraising. Yeah, it's fine. Centralizing makes…" #nycsc
20:39 pm
Cont'd: "…accountability easier, but for ongoing costs, it should be diversified." Suggests Kickstarters for #4 and doesn't know about #5.
20:39 pm
OWS en Español: "We also don't have a lot of needs; have mostly worked with organizations that already have resources around the city."
20:40 pm
Cont'd: "We've really leaned towards that, so our needs haven't been that high other than some printing here and there." #nycsc #ows
20:40 pm
Cont'd: "As another alternative, we advocate for looking into a bartering network, and to see how we can" get away from money. #nycsc #ows
20:41 pm
"As far as centralized versus decentralized," supports more centralized, but w/ project-based kickstarter-like approach. #nycsc #ows
20:43 pm
Town Planning: "We have no sort of recurring or periodic expenditures; we do occasionally spend $ and I could see where come.." #nycsc #ows
20:43 pm
Cont'd: "…warmer weather, issues of tents and one-offs like rope might come up." Apart from that, they're cool w/ what group wants to do.
20:43 pm
Cont'd: "At those times it was needed, though, we wouldn't like to feel like there was no financial support system for those needs." #nycsc
20:43 pm
Cont'd: "RE: the iPhone app and Kickstarter, we can get behind Kickstarter, but the other two" they don't see need of. #nycsc #ows
20:44 pm
Next group: "What I got out of the group was that these questions were extremely difficult, #1. So, we said what we were thinking about.."
20:44 pm
Cont'd: "…them," but notes that without info about success on how ppl raised and spent money made it hard to compare. #nycsc #ows
20:46 pm
Haywood responds: "Expenditures are listed online;" they're a little behind but they'll "have a data entry project." #nycsc #ows
20:46 pm
Haywood: "Who writes the checks? Signatories on the accounts are Bobby and Pete; they only get to write checks as GA and Spokes determines."
20:47 pm
Haywood notes Accounting doesn't make decisions in and of itself. Sage disagrees, Haywood acknowledges: "I should say, ideally." #nycsc
20:47 pm
The speaker also wonders if #OWS is a non-profit. Haywood: "We're an 'unincorporated association,' but our financial sponsors lets us…"
20:48 pm
Cont'd: "…collect tax-deductible contributions." PtH adds to group report, notes that financial info should be put on paper… #nycsc #ows
20:48 pm
Cont'd: ..for folks who don't know how to get online. Also, "in the music biz, we say, 'what's not in writing is rotten.'" #nycsc #ows
20:49 pm
He's mainly saying that skepticism about finances stems from lack of access to info, not as much from upsetting info. #nycsc #ows
20:50 pm
Lisa asks 4 ppl from Accounting to stand up so ppl know who they are. Ppl start whistling. Haywood: "I know; sexiest working group ever."
20:53 pm
Sage is very frustrated. Brooke notes that she's kept time and says he's spoken "10% of the time." Sage is very frustrated, continued.#nycsc
20:53 pm
Someone: "It's been hard to have this conversation without discussing values, priorities, which" many felt underlies the discussion. #nycsc
20:54 pm
Cont'd: "So again, what are our values and priorities for allocation?" Supports de-centralized model of fundraising, but some had concerns..
20:54 pm
Cont'd: …that different groups would have disproportionate access to capital depending on who was in a group and their networks. #nycsc #ows
20:54 pm
Cont'd: "That would be unequal, and also #OWS itself might appear disproportionately based on who had access to funds." #nycsc
20:55 pm
So, they suggested we have some balance between centralization and decentralization. Also, written weekly finance reports. #nycsc
20:55 pm
Next group, Brooke. "We were mostly Facilitation, but with some other groups." "We ended up doing a straw poll, and the group was…" #nycsc
20:56 pm
Cont'd: "…divided b/w favoring a centralized process and a mix between decentralized and centralized." No one supported fully decentralized.
20:56 pm
RE: fundraising, they liked the idea of the app, wanted to talk to tech, and also suggested tabling. Notes that not just class, but…#nycsc
20:57 pm
Cont'd: …"sexy vs. non-sexy" projects might get disparate funding. "So, facilitation only requests we get a smoke machine out of the deal."
20:57 pm
Next, someone wants to underline one thing Brooke said: how easy it is for donators to begin to control what the group does. #nycsc #ows
20:57 pm
Cont'd: "That was a reason for having a more centralized accounting for money, so that doesn't happen, so we aren't controlled by funders."
20:58 pm
Lisa: "So, we want to start wrapping this piece up," will take last few groups/hands. #nycsc #ows
20:58 pm
Lisa: "So, we want to start wrapping this piece up," will take last few groups/hands. #nycsc #ows
20:58 pm
Next cluster: "We had 5 groups in cluster. Discussed autonomous fundraising, letting donors pick which WG they give money to…" #yncsc
20:58 pm
Cont'd: "…and equal distribution among working groups, helping get funds to groups that don't get as much attention." #nycsc #ows
20:59 pm
Cont'd: "To have a budget, it's important to have a vision; we talked a little bit about need to establish where we want to be in 6mnths."
20:59 pm
Cont'd: "Let's say in 6 months we wanted to reoccupy or expand; we could weigh all spending based on its contribution to that." #nycsc #ows
20:59 pm
They also talked about affinity groups having no transparency if there is autonomous fundraising. #nycsc #ows
21:00 pm
Occupy the Youth notes they don't make money, but if they did they'd share it with other working groups. #nycsc #ows
21:00 pm
Anthony feels like if it's a working group that spends a lot of money, they may take a big percentage of it for themselves, and give rest...
21:00 pm
Cont'd: "…to the central pool, so that others could use money for actions and things like that." #nycsc #ows
21:01 pm
Anthony notes catch 22 of preventing working groups from doing outside fundraising but freezing internal budget requests. #nycsc #ows
21:01 pm
Outreach feels "it's an interesting question as to whether we should have a general or decentralized fund," especially because it's… #nycsc
21:01 pm
Cont'd: …so interdependent with other groups in #OWS. "If we're alone, we don't mean much, but collectively, we all do Outreach." #nycsc
21:02 pm
Ronnie (Outreach) continues, noting that they bring it lots of human and financial resources. But depend on all others to serve role. #nycsc
21:02 pm
Lady: "I'm going to bring this back when we talk about finance in a later group," so she'll wait until then. "This is a working document."
21:03 pm
Haywood: "I'm running bail tonight, so I have to step out," but he wants to make sure that ppl understand "why WGs cannot raise outside $."
21:03 pm
Lisa's cool with adding that to the agenda, "because people want to know," but things next Spokes should have more "formal thing…" #nycsc
21:03 pm
Cont'd: "…from Accounting" on some of the issues and concerns. "Let's do it, but we need a more thorough presentation." #nycsc #ows
21:04 pm
Haywood: "#OWS and the #NYCGA was founded on anarchist principles, as a collective. So we were founded to make decisions by…" #nycsc #ows
21:04 pm
Cont'd: "…consensus for our collective." No money on day 1, then $100 came in, then $200, and allocations proceeded from that. #nycsc #ows
21:04 pm
"The GA decided it would dictate where $ was spent, since we're a collective. That was fine, until Occupied Wall Street Journal came out."
21:05 pm
Cont'd: "It was an overwhelming success; someone went to GA and proposed #OWSJ get more money, and someone pointed out…" #nycsc
21:05 pm
Cont'd: "…all of the money has to go through GA." But bc they're not officially in #OWS & subject to #GA's rules, they're an affinity grp.
21:06 pm
Cont'd: The decision was made that "if you get outside money," you cannot say you're #OWS, and you can't get GA money. #nycsc #ows
21:07 pm
Robert notes that "from listening to the room, there's a lot of either/or thinking about this topic, and it need not" be that way. #nycsc
21:07 pm
He means that we can allocate based on percentages and influences. Lisa notes she heard a lot of need for transparency, priorities, and...
21:08 pm
Cont'd: …balance between differences, and safeguards for 'equity' between all these different grps. "Good principles" to build from. #nycsc
21:08 pm
OK, so, next proposal was from Ashley's Women Occupying Nations, but she can't be here b/c she was arrested last night. #nycsc #ows
21:09 pm
But, Stairs will put forward the 3 main parts, and then get a straw poll "initial reaction so the feedback can go back o her." #nycsc #ows
21:09 pm
Stairs: "So, the proposal in general is talking about our communications process when proposals are coming forward." #nycsc #ows
21:09 pm
First, she proposes that proposals are mentioned 1 meeting prior to consensus, that they're posted 48 hours prior, and that all WGs and...
21:10 pm
Cont'd: …caucuses are notified directly 48 hours in advance. So, we'll straw poll, and note it in the minutes. #nycsc #ows
21:15 pm
Sage suggests that when proposals need advance dates, "it's more like GA," and wants to keep Spokes set up to work more quickly. #nycsc #ows
21:15 pm
Cont'd: "This seems to drop even the appearance of this being functional for an occupation." Sage wants us to "admit" it, if we do it.#nycsc
21:16 pm
First part was widely supported. Second aspect is posting proposals 48 hours in advance, also widely supported. #nycsc #ows
21:16 pm
The third part, about notifying WGs and caucuses directly 48 hours in advance is more mixed. #nycsc #ows
21:17 pm
[I'll ask Minutes how they interpreted the temp checks, they may have a better view than me. -Ed.] #nycsc #ows
21:17 pm
Lisa: "We're now moving to an emergency proposal" brought to facilitation at the beginning of the meeting. Haywood presents… #nycsc
21:18 pm
Apparently it has something to do with someone being in jail, so DA registers formal complaint w/ it going at end of the agenda. #nycsc #ows
21:19 pm
Haywood: 'One of the things we decided when we first discussed bail in late Sept, and then revisited @ Spokescouncil, was Q of who we bail."
21:20 pm
Cont'd: "It's come to our attention that during the weekend, there was an action in Williamsburg, and arrests. This was not an #OWS event."
21:20 pm
Cont'd: "For ppl who weren't there, it was coined a party for activists; they allegedly moved into an abandoned building on Bedford..."
21:20 pm
Cont'd: "…and w/in about a half hour, the police showed up, they moved into streets and things got hectic, lots of confrontations with.."
21:21 pm
Cont'd: "..protesters were police. 4 were arrested, 3 have $25k bails on their head that were put down to $1k." Those 3 got out, but there..
21:21 pm
Cont'd: …was a fourth individual. "In writing, [organizers] said, 'This is an autonomous action not related to #OWS."" #nycsc #ows
21:21 pm
Haywood: "Now, there were occupiers there. And some ppl were arrested. Do we bail those people out?" #nycsc #ows
21:22 pm
Haywood suggests we break spokes for a bit and just have anyone say what they feel. "That would be really good to me." #nycsc #ows
21:23 pm
Sage's POI: "There were no arrests at the bldg; the arrests were on a march. Very important detail." So, not different than how arrests...
21:23 pm
Cont'd: …often happen. Negesti notes that it wasn't an #OWS event because it was not DA-sponsored. #nycsc #ows
21:23 pm
Someone notes that it was called the "OccuParty," but had nothing to do with #OWS specifically. #nycsc #ows
21:23 pm
POI: "I was arrested in Zuccotti Park, and #Occupy paid my bail. It wasn't an action; how does that relate?" #nycsc #ows
21:24 pm
Haywood: "That was an action. Zuccotti Park itself was a direct action." #nycsc #ows
21:27 pm
So, we'll now breakout to discuss the question of whether #OWS should bail out members when participating in non-#OWS actions. #nycsc #ows
21:48 pm
OK, we're back. Folks are trying to find out more info about past conversations about bail limits. It was a different issue tho. #nycsc #ows
21:49 pm
Brooke: "There's always been a little bit of wiggle room when break-off marches happen." That's a convo in DA, but some things are… #nycsc
21:49 pm
Cont'd: …kind of "loosely agreed to" rather than consented to. So, things that come out of, but aren't planned, #OWS actions, are included.
21:50 pm
This time it's "not an #OWS action, but there are #OWS people" in it. Negesti: "This event was targeted to #OWS ppl; they advertised.."
21:51 pm
Cont'd: "…this event at an #OWS meeting." Notes that this person is very active in #OWS and we should support them. #nycsc #ows
21:52 pm
Anthony: "It might not have been official, but people from #OWS were there." Notes we bail ppl for lots of related things. #nycsc #ows
21:52 pm
Next: "There's a lot of violence being perpetuated against us, and a lot of" misleading press full of mistruths. #nycsc #ows
21:52 pm
Cont'd: "We're trying to support our brothers and sisters in Oakland. If you act unilaterally in a violent way, you should not be bailed."
21:54 pm
Zack clarifies, feels we should bail ppl out in this instance; unilateral actions in general tht violate community agreements shouldn't be.
21:56 pm
Cont'd: "…charged with something as ridiculous as heroin possession, for example, where do I fit in?" Concerned for all of us. #nycsc #ows
21:57 pm
.@thejorobin notes that law enforcement has habit of arresting ppl outside of actions randomly. "If I'm pulled off the street, arrested.."
21:57 pm
Zack clarifies, feels we should bail ppl out in this instance; unilateral actions in general tht violate community agreements shouldn't be.
21:58 pm
Minutes reports that it's clear that the previous GA consensus is we don't post bail for people who have been arrested "outside of #OWS".
21:58 pm
Sorry, that's a consensus from Spokescouncil. Brooke notes that it's a murky area to determine what constitutes "at #OWS." #nycsc
21:59 pm
Brooke: "I'm not going to tell you what we need to do right now; Finance isn't putting together a proposal to change what is, they are…"
21:59 pm
Cont'd: "…seeking clarity." Need proposal to change rules, asking if WGs want to put forward a specific proposal to bail people out. #nycsc
21:59 pm
Brooke: "In order for us to move forward, we need to put the proposal forward. I'd love to get a proposal from a working group." #nycsc #ows
22:03 pm
@JoeMakesThings thanks fam!
22:03 pm
RT @thejorobin: @LibertySqGA2 Lulz. I said there is a "historic precedent for police dept and FBI arresting activists in social justice ...
22:11 pm
So, someone has a proposal. "We believe when an #OWS participant is involved in a protest-like action, it should be supported by…" #nycsc
22:11 pm
Cont'd: "…the #OWS community. Someone from #OWS is in jail right now, and should be bailed out." #nycsc #ows
22:12 pm
OK, now taking stack for clarifying questions on the proposal. #nycsc #ows
22:14 pm
First CQ wants details, because case-by-case, the details may matter. Concerned about limits on bail funds, need to conserve. #nycsc #ows
22:15 pm
So, some details are provided-- it's Elias from the Class War working group. Anthony: "I wasn't there when he was arrested, don't…"
22:15 pm
Cont'D: "…know the circumstances of the arrest. But I do know that when I was arrested, I was charged w/ inciting a riot…" #nycsc #ows
22:15 pm
Cont'd: "…and when I was arrested, I was by myself." So, police lie, charges are often falsified and are always trumped up. #nycsc #ows
22:17 pm
Next CQ: "I was going to ask you, when he had bail assigned, he had counsel, yes? But you're saying now it hasn't happened?" #nycsc #ows
22:18 pm
.@thejorobin clarifies that the arraignment hasn't happened, so this is dealing with a likely hypothetical. #nycsc #ows
22:19 pm
Robert says that before charges and bail have been set, it's hard to make a decision. Thinks details are important. #nycsc #ows
22:19 pm
He also asks why this is so time-sensitive; Anthony notes that he wants to know when he's arraigned whether bail is available. #nycsc #ows
22:24 pm
Someone asks if the charge matters, if you get bail for a violent charge. Answer is you would, b/c we're not judges. Charges are alleged.
22:24 pm
Folks want others to talk about what happened, but we can't. "Usually someone who witnesses something to do with law can't speak re: it."
22:24 pm
"So if we can't trust the cops, and we can't hear about it, how we can we make a decision?" #nycsc #ows
22:25 pm
Media: "I first have a CQ as to why - there were at least 6 arrests. So 5 ppl -- why is it just 1 person that we're bailing out?" #nycsc
22:26 pm
A: "Because that 1 is the one that is part of #OWS." PoI: "I asked him; he said the 3 ppl bailed've been arraigned, bail set, they're out."
22:27 pm
Apparently Occupy Williamsburg bailed out the other arrestees. "Elias is part of #OWS." Media: "As a movement, we can't be responsible.."
22:27 pm
Cont'd: "..for our autonomous actions in our private lives. This was not disseminated to everyone; I didn't know about it until I heard..."
22:27 pm
Cont'd: "..halfway through it happening. We sent LiveStream there b/c we heard occupiers were being arrested; we were told it was not.."
22:27 pm
Cont'd: "…an #OWS function. It opens up a huge can of worms to open our bail funds to any legal problems anyone from #OWS runs into." #nycsc
22:28 pm
Stairs: "That's a valid concern, but we need to stick to clarifying questions at this point." #nycsc #ows
22:28 pm
PtH: "This person should be bailed out only because certain things should be written down so that consequences are understood." #nycsc #ows
22:29 pm
He says he knows if he goes to PA and gets arrested, PtH won't help. Feels that ppl may need better explanations of "what's covered."#nycsc
22:29 pm
Cont'd: "So, let's bail him out this time, and let people know that consequences will happen next time. B/c we don't have $ for this."#nycsc
22:30 pm
Proposers table the proposal to try to rework it so it covers future cases as well. #nycsc #ows
22:30 pm
OK, that's the end of the agenda. Opening stack for announcements. Lisa acknowledges that debrief about last night's action didn't… #nycsc
22:31 pm
Cont'd: …happen, but notes that direct action working group did one and a lot of issues with it were raised. #nycsc #ows
22:31 pm
Announcements! "There's a man who's going around who's really wealthy, wants to donate to a cause, is considering #OWS." May sit in soon.
22:42 pm
OK, one last announcement: Tomorrow at 5:30pm, mic checks in Grand Central! Be there or miss out on some fun! #nycsc #ows