19:49 pm
Hey fam! We're starting #OWS Spokescouncil now! Follow here, @LibertySqGA, @LibertySqGA2, @LibertySqGA3, and @LibertySqGA4. #nycsc #ows
19:49 pm
We're starting w/ reportbacks. First, Minutes is letting us know that they're having a lot of trouble getting ppl to Spokescouncil b/c..
19:49 pm
Cont'd: …meeting locations have been announced so late recently. Minutes are considering striking until folks step up to help address it.
19:50 pm
Facilitation is next: "We want to acknowledge the frustration Minutes expressed; we're sure it's shared by many in this room." #nycsc #ows
19:50 pm
Cont'd: "There's currently a dispute w/ Accounting about whether the spending freeze allows us to pay for this space." #nycsc #ows
19:50 pm
Cont'd: "We also just found out this space won't be available Wednesday; ppl are working on finding another space. We'll try to give…"
19:51 pm
Cont'd: "…24 hours notice, but want ppl to know the hurdles we're facing trying to get ahold of space without funding." #nycsc #ows
19:51 pm
InfoHub's report back is that they kind of want to discuss the issues raised by the last two reportbacks! Oh, @raviahmad continues: "We…"
19:52 pm
Cont'd: "…had a proposal that went through GA on 12/20; we've been talking about it the last few days." She's passing out a report of...
19:52 pm
Cont'd: …the 35 working groups that are "completely in compliance with all aspects of that proposal." There are 46 groups that need...
19:53 pm
Cont'd: …to do a lot to get back onto the site, but can email. And there are another 40-odd groups that are almost there but not quite.
19:53 pm
Email tech@nycga.net or comhub@nycga.net to inquire or ask for help getting stuff up so your WG can stay active on the site. #nycsc #ows
19:54 pm
Next, Occupy Farms, Shazz. "We had a meeting on Sunday; we have one coming up on Thursday. We have a trip arranged to the farm.." #nycsc#ows
19:54 pm
Cont'd: "…this weekend to the farm." Ppl will learn first-hand about farming and do work on the land. "Coolest thing we're doing is..."
19:55 pm
Cont'd: "…outreach to farms, getting new farms online." One in Albany… 60 Wall, 5:30 Thursday for the Occupy Farms working group meeting.
19:55 pm
OK, now we're opening stack for announcements. Library is first: "Hi everyone; it's Steve from the People's Library! Library loves you."
19:55 pm
Cont'd: "There's an action tomorrow; we don't want the details going out over social networks." Fun meet up tomorrow, 4pm at red cube.#nycsc
19:56 pm
"For purposes of public disclosure, we want to make it a little bit of a surprise. But tomorrow, 4pm, bring your friends!" #nycsc #ows
19:56 pm
Safer Spaces announce that they're bringing their community agreements proposal tonight! Also, they'll meet Friday to start.. #nycsc #ows
19:57 pm
Cont'd: ….talking about "what a grievance process might look like"! Trying to meet at the Quaker space in Brooklyn. 7pm, Friday! #nycsc #ows
19:58 pm
@thejorobin ayo! what was the time on the fem block meeting again?
19:58 pm
Next, @OWSTranslation lets us know they're here and need clear line of sight across the circle for signing purposes! #nycsc #ows
19:59 pm
Archives lets us know that "we're badly in need of hard drives." They want to store some sensitive info! #needsoftheoccupiers #nycsc #ows
20:00 pm
OK, we'll review the agenda. "Safer Spaces has been passing around a piece of paper detailing what their proposal is…" Also, there's...
20:00 pm
… a budget proposal from Daryl, I think. Stairs suggests we start w/ Safer Spaces since it's been pushed back a few times. #nycsc #ows
20:01 pm
Safer Spaces is up! "You've probably seen this before!" Been bringing to Spokes for about 3 weeks. "We really hope today it's at the point..
20:01 pm
Cont'd: "..where everyone's happy." Some points about it… re: enforcement: "We don't view ourselves, Safer Spaces, as the enforcers of..."
20:02 pm
Cont'd: "…this movement. We believe we have to participate in a dialogue w/ entire community about how entire community creates a safer.."
20:02 pm
Cont'd: "…space." So, they'd like us not to expect that of them. "We want this to be a back-and-forth w/ the community." #nycsc #ows
20:02 pm
Secondly, "We hope today we all come in good faith; we agree we need to be explicit about behavioral agreements about being in this space..
20:03 pm
Cont'd: "…so we hope unless you disagree with content, please try not to do further line edits and let's try to work w/ the whole document."
20:03 pm
Cont'd: "Also, to be clear about what this is intended to do, this is a set of principles; building on that foundation we hope we can..."
20:04 pm
Cont'd: "…start to develop what we want to do" to deal with a grievance process. But they don't think this is going to deal w/ it right now.
20:04 pm
They also ask that we re-read, because "we've continued to make changes to it and it's mildly different than last time you saw it." #nycsc
20:05 pm
So, here's the Safer Spaces working group proposal, "Occupy Wall Street Community Agreements": http://t.co/rP4D0Wfu #nycsc #ows
20:11 pm
OK, now starting stack for Clarifying Questions. Think Tank: "We're wondering if you could explain what constitutes verbal aggresson..."
20:11 pm
Cont'd: "…as that's an important thing to have in here, but we recognize there are diverse styles of interaction." #nycsc #ows
20:11 pm
A: "I think a lot of what's tricky about this for ppl is we're defining harm based on ppl experiencing harm, not on any objective idea…"
20:12 pm
Cont'd: "…of what harm is. So if ppl feel verbal actions have been hurtful, then if we're coming in good faith, we can say, "OK, this..""
20:12 pm
Cont'd: ""…person experienced harm." But I don;t think we can define it objectively because" of the diversity Think Tank lifts up. #nycsc
20:13 pm
Cont'd: Safer Spaces suggest that if someone feels hurt, they can say "ouch" and the other person will say "oops", to acknowledge… #nycsc
20:13 pm
Cont'd: …and then move on. "That's a small-scale example" of how to lift up that kind of hurt. #nycsc #ows
20:14 pm
Next CQ, Library: "RE: first bullet pt under section b- curious if you're going to expand on that, how that might…" #nycsc #ows
20:15 pm
Cont'd: "…be addressed." A: "In this SC situation, we're thinking if we temp check and the room consenses that something needs to be.."
20:15 pm
Cont'd: "…dealt with, or if a caucus stops the meeting" to deal with something -- we just "want to make sure we're as responsive..."
20:15 pm
Cont'd: "…to harms and injustice that may play out in our community as we are to the harms and injustice" in outside world. #nycsc #ows
20:16 pm
CQ: "Do you have to vote ahead of time for this to be applicable, or does it apply whenever there's 2 or more #OWS people?" #nycsc #ows
20:16 pm
A: Right now, we're trying to get this passed within the context of Spokescouncil. Encourage ppl to work on community agreements… #nycsc
20:16 pm
Cont'd: …in working groups, and other spaces, and maybe use this as a model. Will bring it to GA, "but for now" it's just #SC. #nycsc #ows
20:17 pm
Accounting's CQ: "When in announcements, you said Safer Spaces is not in the business of enforcement. Accounting doesn't find…" #nycsc #ows
20:17 pm
Cont'd: "…anything objectionable about this, and lots of good stuff. But we have lots of good rules in place- our problem is enforcement."
20:17 pm
Cont'd: "…so my question is, who is going to enforce this?" A: "That's been discussed, and to jump back, we think that… like, here's my..."
20:18 pm
Cont'd: "…vision of how this thing works. We have agreements that we together come up w/ about how we're going to be behave towards..."
20:18 pm
Cont'd: "…each other. They may be violated; if so, we need to bring it a lot of things -- a de-escalation process, a road back, a…" #nycsc
20:18 pm
Cont'd: "…grievance process to bring out concerns ppl have." "It'll be difficult to wrap them all up in a series of agreements." For...
20:18 pm
Cont'd: "…right now, it's about "how will we behave?"" It's not that SS doesn't want to help w/ an enforcement process, but they worry...
20:19 pm
Cont'd: …that the movement is waiting for them to bring it, rather than preparing to do it together. #nycsc #ows
20:19 pm
Safer Spaces notes we need to decide what the agreements are, before we can decide what to do when they're violated. #nycsc #ows
20:19 pm
Next, OccupyFarms. "My only ? on this is, under the first section, 7 bullets down, I think the 2nd sentence -- individual freedom…" #nycsc
20:20 pm
Cont'd: "…we can probably do without that -- it's just an opinion, maybe divisive. And the 2nd section, 7 bullets down, where it says..."
20:20 pm
Cont'd: "…we won't use substances that may attract attention of the police; maybe we should say 'illegal,'" notes spray paint attracts NYPD.
20:21 pm
Cont'd: "And finally, bad jacketing, maybe we can expand that to all personal accusations in order to prevent in-fighting." #nycsc #ows
20:23 pm
OK, Safer Spaces would like to hear how people feel about these changes. First change, Shazz says is to remove language he says… #nycsc #ows
20:24 pm
Cont'd: …demonizes the 1% by saying "Individual freedom w/o responsibility to the community is the way of the 1%." Temp check.. midtwinkles.
20:24 pm
Safer Spaces: "We're going to offer this change, to make it say "is not the way of #OWS" instead of "is the way of the 1%." #nycsc #ows
20:25 pm
Next, Shazz brings up clarifying the "substances" ban by adding "illegal". Robert notes alcohol then would not be included… #nycsc #ows
20:26 pm
Cont'd: …and suggests we add alcohol specifically. Temp check on this one is mixed to negative. #nycsc #ows
20:27 pm
Safer spaces decides "to not accept the amendment. While we understand the concerns," rather than making a judgment about legality… #nycsc
20:28 pm
Cont'd: …they'd "really concerned with what risks harm to community." So it may include illegal subs, but basic thing is what's harmful.
20:29 pm
Shazz' next proposal is to expand the statement against "bad jacketing" (accusing folks of being plants or cops w/o proof) to… #nycsc #ows
20:30 pm
Cont'd: …include all unfounded personal accusations. Safer Spaces: "W/ a lot of love and understanding, we've decided not to accept that.."
20:30 pm
Cont'd: "…and for me, with a lot of background working on sexual violence, a lot of times accusations of assault don't come w/ proof or..."
20:31 pm
Cont'd: "…evidence." Setting expectation that all accusations need tangible proof may silence, cause more harm than help. #nycsc #ows
20:31 pm
OK, now we're going to discuss concerns w/in working groups and then come back with them after 5 minutes. Be right back! #nycsc #ows
20:39 pm
OK, Concerns. @OWSTranslation feels the language is a little flowery, except the first page which is "very clear." #nycsc #ows
20:40 pm
Cont'd: "Because there's several of us here that use different language," want to make sure it's clear and accessible to everyone. #nycsc
20:41 pm
OK, we're out of time, so we're temp-checking extending the conversation for 15 more minutes. Mostly up-twinkles, so we'll continue. #nycsc
20:42 pm
A: "We've tried to make it as simple as possible; it will also be translated into other language. It should have been approved last..."
20:43 pm
cont'd: "..Wednesday, but physical violence broke out in the space and as a result it was promised we'd make it a priority to get passed."
20:43 pm
Also, "we want to acknowledge the concern that language should be clear," want to work to make sure it's translated in a clear way. #nycsc
20:43 pm
Cont'd: "We think that's really important, but aren't sure we can fix that in next 15 minutes, and think agreements are really important."
20:44 pm
Safer Spaces note the concern is a little bit stymying for now, and want to get this passed tonight, and ask that we work to clarify on...
20:44 pm
Cont'd: …an ongoing basis. Are willing to have workshops to explain it to people. #nycsc #ows
20:45 pm
DA: "One CQ - has this been considered to put into braille?" Maybe this can be an FA, Stairs notes. DA suggests work with @OWSTranslation.
20:45 pm
DA's concern: "All of us enter the space w/ different levels of understanding about how we all interact w/ each other…" #nycsc #ows
20:45 pm
Cont'd: "…so we want to suggest a friendly amendment of adding to 2nd page that we commit to teaching others, newcomers, about…" #nycsc #ows
20:46 pm
Cont'd: "…our processes, agreements, and tools we use as a community, just to make sure it's a part of our central focus." #nycsc #ows
20:47 pm
DA: "Basically, we want to make sure that anyone who doesn't understand this gets where it comes from and what our forethought is." #nycsc
20:49 pm
A: "We want to accept the concept, but tweak the words a little, so we're trying to figure out how to do that." #nycsc #ows
20:49 pm
A cont'd: "Do we want to move on while we do that?" One of the proposers asks if we can trust that they do that. #nycsc #ows
20:50 pm
Town Planning's concern: "I'm concerned there's no process to amend these." Hopes the GA will pass them soon, and hopes that when GA does...
20:51 pm
Cont'd: …pass them, hopes that Spokescouncil will address their version to reconcile it with the GA's version. #nycsc #ows
20:51 pm
Safer Spaces notes that we can definitely do that in Spokescouncil, but don't need to put that into this proposal. #nycsc #ows
20:52 pm
Town Planning also suggests that they strip the resources and readings, since "there's an aura of bias." Temp check very negative on that.
20:53 pm
Town Planning also suggests we number the bullet points to make them more easy to reference. Safer Spaces jumps in, before answering, to...
20:53 pm
Cont'd: …remind us that "there have been meetings and meetings" about this, and that minute revisions can be dealt with more productively...
20:55 pm
Cont'd: …elsewhere. Stairs suggests "it would be respectful to group to continue to next group," but Town Planning "respectfully declines."
20:55 pm
Town Planning's next concern is that use of the word "consent" in the document might be confused with the process of consensus. #nycsc #ows
20:55 pm
"Consent is not the absence of a no, it's the presence of a 'yes'." It's talking about personal interaction, not consensus process. #nycsc
20:56 pm
Safer Spaces: "We're not talking about consensus; we're talking about consent." Temp check, no one else has an issue with it. #nycsc #ows
20:56 pm
Library's concern: "Are you intending to continue to print them out and distribute them, or just online? There's a small group of people.."
20:57 pm
Cont'd: "…deciding on this for everyone," Library says. Safer Spaces clarifies this is just for #SC; but will distribute it. #nycsc #ows
20:57 pm
Safer Spaces: "Do people feel it needs to be written into the document?" Library clarifies they don't, but want to make sure it's distroed.
20:57 pm
.@OWSTranslation is next: "We're still feeling a little uncomfortable w/ the level of the language; it's a little dense and "very adult."
20:58 pm
Cont'd: "We're trying to think about the human mind, and its capacity to memorize all this." They like it, but think it would be more..
20:58 pm
Cont'd: …effective if language was less "dense." Also feels density makes it open to more interpretation. #nycsc #ows
20:59 pm
.@OWSTranslation notes there are words in it for which there are no signs in ASL. "In order to match language level of ppl in space, we..."
20:59 pm
Cont'd: "…need" to do work. But they think much of it needs to pass. Safer Spaces are conferring on their response to this concern. #nycsc
21:00 pm
Safer Spaces: "What we heard are larger concerns about language and accessibility," they share them, and want to get ideas in there...
21:00 pm
Cont'd: …while still addressing those concerns. They suggest, if we're OK with it, "let's pass it tonight but still try to work with you…"
21:00 pm
Cont'd: "…guys to make it accessible, make it translated, make it understandable. We want that to happen." #nycsc #ows
21:01 pm
.@OWSTranslation asks if they mean their spoke in particular; sounds like Safer Spaces means @OWSTranslation as a whole. #nycsc #ows
21:02 pm
Next, Housing: They want a time limit about how we're going to decide on the grievance process and where this applies. #nycsc #ows
21:03 pm
A: "This only applies to #Spokescouncil." "We encourage you to bring this document to working groups and other areas." #nycsc #ows
21:03 pm
That answers one of Housing's questions, but they're asking how long it will take to "come up with a viable solution" to the enforcement...
21:03 pm
Cont'd: …process, and notes that they'd like to learn from Safer Spaces since they're having trouble with it. #nycsc #ows
21:04 pm
Safer Spaces notes that this document is just to establish agreements, and she can't say how long it will take for community to establish..
21:04 pm
Cont'd: ..enforcement process. But that's what the meeting Friday at 7pm to establish grievance process is about! #nycsc #ows
21:05 pm
Next: "Once we all agree upon this, what's the next step? What's the final goal?" A: "Right now, we want to get this passed in #nycsc." #ows
21:05 pm
Cont'd: "Maybe let's talk after about what you would like to see done with this document." #nycsc #ows
21:06 pm
So, next, Safer Spaces will restate their proposal w/ friendly amendments, and then we'll move to consensus! #nycsc #ows
21:06 pm
So, it's the document, plus the modification on page one to indicate "not the way of #OWS" rather than "the way of the 1%"… #nycsc
21:07 pm
Cont'd: …next, we're stating a commitment about teaching each other about process and community agreements, and though… #nycsc #ows
21:07 pm
Cont'd: …it won't be written into the document, "we're committed to finding ways to" make the document more accessible. #nycsc #ows
21:07 pm
Stairs: "So, let's say we'll do 2 minutes to talk very quickly w/ Spokes, and then we'll move on towards consensus." #nycsc #ows
21:11 pm
OK, we're back. "We'd like to move towards consensus." Any standasides or groups w/o consensus? None. Any blocks? 1 block? #nycsc #ows
21:11 pm
Block: "I don't think it's fair to pass this and hold ppl accountable for this if it's not comprehensible." Would be happy to pass if...
21:12 pm
Cont'd: …in most direct language, everything after page 1 is struck. "Can't accept keeping ppl accountable for language as written." #nycsc
21:13 pm
A: "This is not for #OWS; it's just for #Spokescouncil. And I am going to check with my group before I say anything else." #nycsc #ows
21:14 pm
Safer Spaces: "In the past, we've been told by lots of groups they'd block if certain things were not included." #nycsc #ows
21:14 pm
Cont'd: "I'd like to acknowledge this is a real concern, and we want to have a commitment to making this understandable to everyone." #nycsc
21:14 pm
Cont'd: "Also, is this inaccessible to anyone in this room, I'm not sure, aside from explicitly-stated examples. I don't know…" #nycsc #ows
21:15 pm
Cont'd: "…that -- basically, we're not comfortable with removing everything" from point indicated. #nycsc #ows
21:15 pm
They want to work with @OWSTranslation, but are "not willing to just break it all down." #nycsc #ows
21:15 pm
.@OWSTranslation notes that they're just saying that those are the parts they feel need to be clearer, could be as clear as earlier part.
21:16 pm
.@OWSTranslation doesn't want to "remove" those parts of proposal, but they do want to pass the parts they're comfortable w/ only. #nycsc
21:18 pm
So, their block will stand, and we'll move to modified consensus on this proposal. WGs conferring now... #nycsc #ows
21:21 pm
OK, there are 14 spokes, so if there are 2 votes against then we'll fail to meet modified consensus. Aaaand… there's 2 against. #nycsc #ows
21:21 pm
Stairs: "So, the proposal, under modified consensus, did not pass." Voting against were @OWSTranslation and Shazz, for Occupy Farms. #nycsc
21:22 pm
OK, so now we're moving to an apparent budget request from Daryl. Making sure all spokes present are signed in. #nycsc #ows
21:24 pm
Daryl: "Most of the problems we've had, running out of money, talking about it all the time, are pretty normal problems." #nycsc #ows
21:24 pm
Cont'd: "This is an organization w/ a pretty good budget; every other occupation isn't able to work w/ so much as a $10k budget." #nycsc
21:24 pm
Cont'd: "I'm proposing that we look forward, and designate a monthly budget." Decide what we can spend in a month, and go from there. #nycsc
21:25 pm
Cont'd: "Basically, once you've set up what you're going to expend and take in, you can debate allocating w/in that amount." #nycsc
21:25 pm
Cont'd: "It seems to me the org needs its own space." Won't have to worry about outside sponsors making rules, affinity groups; trying to..
21:26 pm
Cont'd: …stay away from "having influence peddled within your organization." So, wants to set aside $10k to allocate spaces. #nycsc #ows
21:26 pm
He also suggests $1.5k for auditing service, a number of thousands for worker co-ops - "we're essentially a group of somewhat, mostly..."
21:26 pm
Cont'd: "..or totally unemployed folks;" want to help people start working for themselves. Also includes money for vans… #nycsc #ows
21:27 pm
Cont'd: …..for "field trips," "all of a sudden the thing has wheels." $50k budget for month "may seem low compared to.." #nycsc
21:27 pm
Cont'd: "…what's been spent," but he says it's a lot "and much higher than any other occupation." #nycsc #ows
21:28 pm
Here's the full proposal that Daryl is making right now, for a monthly budget: http://t.co/qkHUhDQ8 #nycsc #ows
21:28 pm
Daryl also feels we can raise more money if we ask for it (active vs. passive fundraising) and that we change our fiscal sponsor to… #nycsc
21:28 pm
Cont'd: …one that will help w/ accounting. "Any questions?" Stairs recognizes a point of process. #nycsc #ows
21:29 pm
Facilitation: "While we acknowledge this was posted online and sent to us, we're uncomfortable w/ this body hearing a proposal from.."#nycsc
21:29 pm
Cont'd: "…an individual." Stairs asks if he is proposing as an individual. He is… is there a working group willing to adopt it? #nycsc #ows
21:30 pm
It is the understanding that proposals be brought to #nycsc by working groups; Accounting suggests that there's no precedent for… #nycsc
21:31 pm
Cont'd: …having a group adopt it. "A group did not consense upon bringing this to the #spokescouncil." But does think a budget… #nycsc
21:31 pm
Cont'd: …is a very sensible thing for us to discuss within #Spokescouncil. Stairs recognizes these concerns. #nycsc #ows
21:32 pm
Stairs: "We do have a half an hour left on our agenda." Ppl may have proposals to put forward; let's discuss how to use the next half hour.
21:34 pm
Stairs asks if there are any proposals that have been consensed upon by working groups. "This is an opportunity for discussion to…" #nycsc
21:36 pm
Cont'd: "…start here, and then bring it back to working groups." @dovidmoishe suggests that Facilitation would like… #nycsc #ows
21:36 pm
…some guidance as to how the budget freeze should be interpreted, especially as pertains to ongoing funding for #Spokescouncil space.
21:37 pm
David explains that Accounting disagrees with Facilitation WG (and the budget freeze proposer) that the pre-allocated expense for… #nycsc
21:38 pm
Cont'd: …#Spokescouncil space is exempted with other pre-allocated expenses, which is why there's been delay in announcing #SC spaces.
21:38 pm
Accounting suggests rather than getting more suggestions on topics, "let's temp check" Facilitaiton's. Drop their own convo topic. #nycsc
21:39 pm
Vision and Goals (Patrick) feels that it would "be great to have a chat about budgets in general." #nycsc #ows
21:42 pm
So, the two proposed topics are "how the freeze affects Spokescouncil spaces" and "a general budget." #nycsc #ows
21:42 pm
Facilitation clarifies that their issue is more what to do when there's a disagreement w/ Accounting, not just this issue. #nycsc #ows
21:44 pm
So, we're tempchecking these options, plus continuing the safer spaces conversation. We're going w/ Facilitation's topic. #nycsc #ows
21:44 pm
Facilitation will introduce the issue, and then we'll stack up an open conversation. Facilitation: "We're looking for guidance from this.."
21:44 pm
Cont'd: "…body b/c there's a difference in interpretation of the spending freeze." Felt the space for Spokescouncil was included in an...
21:44 pm
Cont'd: …exception for previous allocations that was a friendly amendment to the budget freeze. Accounting disagrees, and so...
21:45 pm
Cont'd: …we have no financing for Spokescouncil faces. "This is affecting our ability to find spaces and announce with a sufficient.."
21:45 pm
Cont'd: "…amount of time where Spokescouncil will be held. Where do we go from there? We don't know." #nycsc #ows
21:45 pm
Accounting POI: "We're not withholding any money; the GA is. We're not a decision-making body, we just do what GA tells us." #nycsc #ows
21:46 pm
Cont'd: "I love facilitation! I love Spokes! I want to pay ppl who will actually host this clusterfuck! I really do! But the GA says no..."
21:46 pm
Cont'd: "…the GA says spending freeze." It included, he says, exceptions for housing, medical, kitchen, and outstanding debts. #nycsc #ows
21:47 pm
Haywood states his understanding outstanding debts, like things owed Oakland, are exempted. Notes that there are disagreements...
21:49 pm
Cont'd: …about what was included as friendly amendments, but the minutes aren't available yet. Minutes says audio is now available. #nycsc
21:50 pm
POI out of process is that tech's ongoing budget was exemplary of the "previous allocations" exemption, so Facilitation's would also fit in.
21:51 pm
DA's spoke suggests that they can't trust either Facilitation's or Accounting's take, b/c of shared respect, and needs Minutes. #nycsc #ows
21:52 pm
Accounting agrees, we need to refer to the minutes to figure it out. Facilitation raises next point: "We brought this to an accounting..."
21:52 pm
Cont'd: "…meeting, and we're still left with this issue." Not looking for he-said-she-said, but wants to know "what do we do" when there's..
21:52 pm
Cont'd: …a disagreement with Accounting's interpretation? Accounting felt that they'd revisit once Minutes were available, which they now..
21:53 pm
Cont'd: …should be. Library is next: They feel similarly to DA; feels weird getting to point in movement where we're interpreting things...
21:53 pm
Cont'd: …"in ways that break down what we want." Feels GA and Spokes are at odds w/ each other on one hand, and the idea that GA has...
21:53 pm
Cont'd: …power over spokes. "Where did this come from, this idea that GA has power over spokes?" #nycsc #ows
21:54 pm
Library spoke feels that it was said so many times that he himself has just internalized it, but notes the #SC proposal only gives… #nycsc
21:54 pm
Cont'd: …GA one power over Spokes: to dissolve it. Notes proposal specifically gives #NYCSC power over budget and expenditures for #OWS.
21:54 pm
Library: "GA and Spokescouncil are not competing bodies; they're the same body in different forms." #nycsc #ows
21:56 pm
Stairs notes that we're running out of time, will close stack and wrap up. #nycsc #ows
21:56 pm
Vision and Goals doesn't remember for sure what happened at GA when Spending Freeze was approved, but does remember… #nycsc #ows
21:58 pm
Cont'd: …offering an amendment he thought was approved that the freeze would be lifted if a budget was created for #OWS. #nycsc #ows
21:59 pm
So, Patrick (V&G) feels that's an important conversation to have. Accounting agrees and feels this dispute can be resolved w/ Minutes audio.
22:00 pm
Someone reminds us that we're talking about question of what happens if there's a dispute. Zack from Facilitation notes that many feel…
22:00 pm
Cont'd: ..that GA doesn't have the power to shut off finances to #Spokescouncil. "I don't want a conflict b/w them, but perhaps another.."
22:00 pm
Cont'd: "…way around this is… to ask Spokescouncil if Spokescouncil felts empowered to make spending decisions" regardless of freeze.
22:03 pm
OK! That was last on stack; we're done w/ that discussion for now. We're now stacking up individual announcements. #nycsc #ows
22:04 pm
First, "as I promised 2 weeks ago when we discussed community agreements, I worked to get feedback about how to implement…" #nycsc
22:05 pm
Cont'd: "…codes of conduct. I have a second draft, I'm sending around and will bring it back." Not sure how community agreements not...
22:05 pm
Cont'd: …being approved will accept that, but de-escalation is ready to start the conversation about "the teeth". #nycsc #ows
22:06 pm
Someone: "I have some extra money, and I'd like some help shopping for grapefruit and other things, b/c you're nt getting enough vitamin C!"
22:06 pm
Cont'd: "I've a nursing degree, a library degree, and a remnant of the Berkeley Free Speech Movement!" #nycsc #ows
22:12 pm
We're ending with a unity clap! slow clap… medium clap… fast clap… woooooo #nycsc #ows
22:12 pm
OK, that's it for tonight's Spokescouncil! Thanks fam! [Questions, comments, concerns, hit me @diceytroop!] #nycsc #ows