03:05 am
@MarkMayhew @occupynolaga [I'm not totally sure but I'm pretty sure it's because you're an individual who sends tweets like this to people.
09:26 am
@MarkMayhew None of our accounts have ever blocked @occupynolaga. Check yourself. #ows #stopitwiththeinsultinghashtagsalready #kthxbai
09:58 am
RT @heratylaw: RT @Newyorkist: @FAIRmediawatch awards @GiniaNYT "We Could Do It Better Award" for infamous "Gunning for Wall St" piece h ...
09:58 am
RT @heratylaw: RT @Newyorkist: The complete list of the P.U.-litzers from @FAIRmediawatch; a special installment, The #OWS edition: http ...
10:10 am
@reactivi We don't know @markmayhew, we don't have anything to do w/ him, we didn't block him, & we don't know why he keeps sending us msgs.
10:11 am
@reactivi But he's probably a fine person.
10:15 am
RT @OccupyWallStNYC: We r a #PeoplesMic 4 twitter. Send updates from ur #occupy & we'll blast 'em out! #ows #EqualOpportunityTweeter
11:38 am
RT @OccupyWallStNYC: Have friends not on Twitter but want 2 stay updated? Tell them 2 TEXT 'follow occupywallstnyc' to 40404 #OccupyAdvice
13:13 pm
@reactivi Do you understand what's going on with @MarkMayhew? Because we don't.
13:23 pm
@MarkMayhew It seems like yr attacking us out of the blue, none of us know you & don't know why you are doing this. @reactivi @occupynolaga
17:04 pm
17:05 pm
17:31 pm
RT @OWScom: TONIGHT: General Assembly 7PM at Liberty Plaza, bring umbrella!
17:34 pm
RT @PoweredByCats: THE GA TONIGHT IS VERY IMPORTANT! IF YOU CAN PLEASE ATTEND #ows #sorry4caps RT @OWScom: TONIGHT: #NYCGA 7PM @ Liberty ...
19:06 pm
Hey fam! We're in a very wet Liberty Square, readying ourselves for another #NYCGA. Follow here, @LibertySqGA2, @LibertySqGA3, @LibertySqGA4
19:07 pm
And we're starting! @NegestiC and Nathan are co-facilitating tonight. We'll affectionately call them "Stairs" for short. #nycga #ows
19:09 pm
Negesti: "the 1st order of business tonight is to check whether we want to move to 100 Williams Street" due to conditions. #nycga #ows
19:13 pm
RT @jopauca: For those of you on the way, head over to 100 Williams.
19:13 pm
Many Uptwinkles, no blocks on moving to 100 William St, so we're en route. It's at William and John. #OWS #NYCGA
19:16 pm
RT @NYC_GA: #GeneralAssembly moving to the #pop at 100 William st. #wetdemocacy
19:21 pm
Here we go! Working group reportbacks live from 100 William. #nycga #ows
19:22 pm
Bill from Press is telling us about an #OccupyFashion event, where models will be in "Designer clothes but w/ bruises, gashes, and cuffs."
19:22 pm
Next, Bobby from Accounting! "I just spent the last 2 hours talking to accountants, so we have more! It's good for me because it..." #nycga
19:23 pm
Cont'd: "...keeps me out of prison." Next, housing. "B/c the Atrium will be closed for the next 2 days, if you need a metrocard, we'll..."
19:23 pm
Cont'd: "...still be doing it 6-9, but in McDonald's. Don't worry, you'll still get yr Metrocards." #nycga #ows
19:24 pm
Also, "on a personal note," he's leaving to go back to North Carolina. "It's been fun, but y'all can kiss my ass, I hate New York." #nycga
19:24 pm
Jail support thanks us for showing up everytime some ish goes down. "Ppl have been asking for more training, can I get a temp check..."
19:24 pm
Cont'd: "...on tentatively this Friday?" Contact him to get on the list, or peep nycga.net for info about training. #nycga #ows
19:25 pm
First proposal: RE: Bail fund, from Accounting! "We have about $300,000 in the account - give or take where we stand right now." #nycga
19:26 pm
Cont'd: "We're spending about $30,000 a week, plus what is allocated at GA. Taking in about $7,000 a week, a large net flow out." #nycga
19:26 pm
Cont'd: "We're not sure how long that's going to last. We felt that there were a few items that should probably be set aside to make..."
19:26 pm
Cont'd: "...sure we're safe going forward." Hence, they want to take a chunk of our standing money and set it aside for bail. #nycga
19:27 pm
Cont'd: "We felt a third of what we currently have would be a nice round #, came out to about $100k. This relates to how bail has worked..."
19:27 pm
Cont'd: "...in the past. Police have been trying to interfere w/ us by setting higher and higher bails." #nycga #ows
19:28 pm
Cont'd: "The highest bail we've paid was about $40k, average was $600." Should be long-term, 6, 8 months. #nycga #ows
19:28 pm
So, that's how they came up with $100k. "But we're not demanding it." Opening CQ stack. #nycga #ows
19:29 pm
CQ: "Are we posting bail, or bail bonds?" A: "We've not done bail bonds in past b/c it's contentious, exploitative." #nycga #ows
19:29 pm
A cont'd: "We considered it in one instance, but it was handled independently by an affinity group." So, hasn't happened. #nycga #ows
19:29 pm
CQ: "You said not all the $ is for bail?" A: "We say this is a bail/legal defense fund. IANAL, but I don't want to hamstring us." #nycga
19:30 pm
Cont'd: "When someone gets arrested, their lawyer calls us; it's being done pro bono right now but we don't want to take that for granted."
19:30 pm
Cont'd: They want to make sure NYC knows that they can't just eff w/ us, we have that money set aside. #nycga #ows
19:31 pm
POI: "A lot of defense/legal work has been done in the past, sometimes pro bono; been some restraining order work." #nycga #ows
19:32 pm
CQ: "How much have we spent on bail?" A: "First month, about $200. They didn't think we were a real protest. Then they realized we were..."
19:32 pm
RT @DaynaR: 60 Wall Street will be closed Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. Tonight's @LibertySqGA is at 100 William St: http://t.co/BBS19 ...
19:32 pm
RT @OWScom: GA has been moved to 100 William St. which is 2 blocks east of Broadway. #OWS
19:32 pm
Cont'd: "...and they started upping it to $1k, $10k, etc." But they stopped using bail to mess w/ us because we handled it well. #nycga #ows
19:33 pm
RE: the affinity group, we have like $100k of money in a bail fund from them that can be retracted. "Don't want to be dependent on 1 donor."
19:35 pm
CQ: "Can we use this money later for other occupations' bail?" A: Idea it would be for #OWS, but GA can allocate it later however.#nycga
19:36 pm
A notes that other bail funds in many other cities haven't needed to be nearly as large because bails have been much lower. #nycga #ows
19:36 pm
OK, that's it for CQs, now Concerns stack. "I'm concerned that by setting up these bail funds, we're encouraging or saying we're in..."
19:36 pm
Cont'd: "...solidarity w/ some of the charges that have been leveled." A: "We have a bail fund, but it's also our spending account." #nycga
19:37 pm
A cont'd: "In the past, the GA has said that #OWS funds go to #OWS protesters who aren't being aggressive / violent." #nycga #ows
19:37 pm
@misfist Bobby from accounting. It's just 3 tweets back in the timeline.
19:38 pm
"We pay for non-violent action affiliated w/ #OWS." Legal notes that there's a difference between charges and what actually happens...#nycga
19:38 pm
Cont'd: ...and police tend to ramp up charges. Concern: "Have funds in the past come back, and is this large because those will come back?"
19:39 pm
A: "The $ will hopefully work its way back to our spending account again." But that money won't go into this. Also, he hopes we won't...
19:39 pm
A cont'd: ...need the money, but this is to say "don't mess w/ us, we can take care of our own." #nycga #ows
19:40 pm
Legal clarifies that big bails can take 9 months or a year to work back due to higher severity of charges usually associated w/ it. #nycga
19:40 pm
Next concern is tht setting so much $ aside may encourage legal community to charge us unless we restrict "only to bail and court expenses."
19:41 pm
A: "This is a long-term fund; we're not looking to spend it, we want to have it to say we have it. Also, the NLG will continue to work..."
19:41 pm
Cont'd: "...pro bono." Also, he can't imagine spending normal hourly lawyer rates because that can rack up insane charges fast. #nycga
19:42 pm
So, this is becoming a friendly amendment: "Let's restrict to bail and fees, but no hourly rates." Accepted, I think. #nycga #ows
19:43 pm
Next C: "I love you guys, but this is really half-assed." Wants more #s on how much money we've spent on fees, court costs, bail. #nycga
19:43 pm
Stairs notes we've run out of time; asking if we can extend time for 5 minutes. Sounds good. #nycga #ows
19:44 pm
Bobby: "I'm not here to declare that this is what we need to do, but I think this is an important topic." #nycga #ows
19:44 pm
Bobby says he was hoping the GA could make some of these details clear, but concern says "maybe question is whether we agree in principle.."
19:44 pm
Cont'd: "...and come back later on after you guys can come back with details and some vetted legal options." #nycga #ows
19:45 pm
Legal: "First of all, there's not really an appropriate way for us to come w/ numbers b/c we can't anticipate what the police will do..."
19:45 pm
Cont'd: "...and what kind of bail will be set." Numbers paid previously also not entirely out of #OWS funds, so it's not representative...
19:45 pm
Cont'd: "...of total bail that's been paid." No one is in jail! But "there's no way to project based on past amounts of bails set or paid."
19:46 pm
POI: "All bail previously paid will come back to General fund, where it originally came from," not to this separate bail fund. #nycga #ows
19:47 pm
Cont'd: "The purpose of this fund is to have it. This is a bail reserve." Concernee wants to add that language to proposal, then. #nycga
19:47 pm
"Basically, I'd like it to be very clear that it is for bail, filing fees related to bail... I don't know what other legal fees are involved
19:49 pm
So, proposers will clarify bail-only (Legal: no fees required), and add to proposal that an FAQ about bail will be released. #nycga #ows
19:50 pm
Concern: "Coming to # of 100k / 300k w/o historical analysis is ad-hoc," not sure we've got numbers to justify size of fund. #nycga #ows
19:51 pm
A: "He wants us to come forward w/ better numbers - $100k is a recommendations. And getting the data: we can't do it..." #nycga
19:51 pm
Cont'd: "...I just gave you the average #s, but we're not the main bail-runner here by a longshot." Doesn't include any fees filed pro-bono.
19:53 pm
Cont'd: "All we can really say is our bail average is $2,000." Also suggests that since we moved, we need to wait given size of #. #nycga
19:54 pm
So, we're straw-polling whether we feel comfortable making this decision or put it off until Thursday. #nycga #ows
19:55 pm
Temp check voted that we should continue. Nan, who's here, is saying that ppl don't know that we moved. #nycga #ows
19:56 pm
Someone: "The financial regulations passed after crash were extremely watered-down," could easily have another crash. #nycga #ows
19:56 pm
They feel putting the $ aside is prudent. Stairs notes that wasn't a POI. @jopauca representing ideas from elsewhere... #nycga #ows
19:56 pm
See http://t.co/Jc1EGdrd RT @juliacreinhart: @LibertySqGA is bail being refunded if arrestee shows up for proceedings?
19:57 pm
Josh: "From nycga.net, first comment: I suggest bail fund be set up w/ checks and balances," specific charge exclusions. #nycga #ows
19:57 pm
Cont'd: "..and all ppl receiving bail funds are responsible for making sure they're returned to #OWS." #nycga #ows
19:58 pm
A: "In first 2 weeks, we consensed on paying bail on non-violent offenses during actions w/ #OWS." So that's already all set up. #nycga #ows
19:59 pm
FA language: "This money is only for bail and court-specified bail-related fees required in filing for bail." Legal reiterates...#nycga #ows
19:59 pm
...Legal: "There are no court-specified bail-related fees." "There's a difference b/w criminal proceedings and civil proceedings. Civil..."
20:00 pm
Cont'd: "....proceedings have filing fees." Criminal proceedings do not. So, the FA will specify only for bail, and they accept. #nycga #ows
20:01 pm
Razor: "There's 50 ppl and it's occurring in rain, off-site." Says many ppl don't know where this is, & $100k shouldn't be passed right now.
20:01 pm
Stairs: "Razor has raised very valid concerns, but POI: we don't have a quorum rule. There is no minimum number for passing." #nycga
20:02 pm
Proposers remind us that this isn't about spending $; it's about setting $ aside. "If we're doing bad-ass actions in the..." #nycga #ows
20:02 pm
Cont'd: "...spring, and you get arrested and put in jail, have fun, we're gonna send you a book? No! That's not what this mvment is about."
20:03 pm
Finance also notes that looking at current expenditures, we may run out of $ within 6 to 8 weeks. "Instead of putting $ aside when we have..
20:03 pm
Cont'd: "...150k left, let's do it now." We can always reallocate later. That's it for FAs; Proposers will restate proposal. #nycga #ows
20:05 pm
I may have misheard first time. $600 is probably low #. RT @misfist: @LibertySqGA He previously sd average ws $600. So, is it $600 or $2000?
20:06 pm
OK, Bobby will restate proposal. "This is a proposal to allocate $100k for a long-term bail fund for now til next September, in line w/..."
20:08 pm
Cont'd: "...#OWS principles, and *only* for bail." That's it. OK, checking for blocks. Negesti reminds us about standasides. #nycga #ows
20:09 pm
OK, 4 blocks, and 4 standasides. First block: "I would gladly remove my block if we know it's for non-violent offenses only." #nycga #ows
20:09 pm
Cont'd: "I've been charged w/ things I didn't do. We need to be sure that people are doing homework on this." #nycga #ows
20:09 pm
A: "That's why we decided to use language in reference to principles of solidarity. We know ppl get charged w/ shit they didn't do..."
20:10 pm
A cont'd: "...and we don't want to discriminate. That's not cool." So, block lifted. #nycga #ows
20:11 pm
Blocker #2 is saying that his block is on safety and ethical reasons that this location isn't well-enough publicized, but supports proposal.
20:11 pm
Blocker #3: "I have a lot of ethical problems w/ Legal," especially regarding $25k bail [that we did not actually pay. -Ed.] #nycga #ows
20:12 pm
Nan is also bothered by fact that ppl didn't know where GA was moved to. "I'm for this proposal; ppl get arrested for bullshit. But needs.."
20:12 pm
Cont'd: "...to be tabled until Thursday in Liberty Square when other ppl know about it." #nycga #ows
20:13 pm
Proposers want to hear last block before deciding. "I just want to say something; I agree w/ gentleman over there." Need time to think...
20:14 pm
Cont'd: "...and we need to explain the structure to everyone." #nycga #ows
20:16 pm
Someone notes they've counted about 100 people here. Someone new notes that folks in park are still pointing ppl here. #nycga #ows
20:16 pm
Responding to blocks. "I 100% understand the legitimacy of the block, but remember, we're not spending a dime." #nycga #ows
20:17 pm
Cont'd: "We're merely moving $100k into a separate account for bail." GA can still hear proposals to pull $ from that fund. #nycga
20:17 pm
Cont'd: "It's to show we are dedicated to taking care of those arrested in an unjust system for protest." Can't think of better thing to do.
20:18 pm
Legal notes that "in past 15 minutes, we've gone from 75 to 100," so through some combination of mechanisms, ppl are finding GA. #nycga
20:19 pm
POP: "My understanding is that now we move to modified consensus." We down. @NegestiC asks for votes against. #nycga #ows
20:21 pm
Andy Smith notes that ppl against and not blocking can not vote, like a standaside. Moving forward. #nycga #ows
20:25 pm
Counting all votes against... 8. About 65 for. At 89%, just barely falls short. Proposal is tabled for now. #nycga #ows
20:26 pm
Someone mic checks: "It's everyone's responsibility to not be divisive and to actively build community." Not sure what in response to.#nycga
20:26 pm
Next proposal. "I spent 10 years making a plan to build a grassroots movement around a comprehensive package of reforms..."
20:27 pm
Cont'd; "...that will bring great benefits to middle class and poor, and let us take back Congress and the Presidency." #nycga #ows
20:27 pm
@what_a_fiasco it's not so straightforward as that
20:29 pm
OK, so this guy Cole is reading his proposal. I'll post pics. Page 1: http://t.co/AmTWm5MX
20:29 pm
Page 2 of this reform proposal, next on agenda. #nycga #ows http://t.co/mq01eqYN
20:31 pm
@heratylaw yeah.... I'm sayin'.
20:35 pm
Ok, CQs now. "This sounds like an announcement." A: "I'm looking to get an endorsement from #OWS so I can do press for it w/ that." #nycga
20:35 pm
But proposer clarifies he's not looking for us to agree tonight. "But ppl are looking for answers from 99%." He's not coming back to GA...
20:36 pm
...he's hoping we'll take the ball and run w/ it. CQ: "Do you feel like this conflicts w/ existing #OWS principles about not involving..."
20:36 pm
Cont'd: "...in electoral politics or issuing demands?" A: "I see that may be possible, but people are looking for answers... imagine if..."
20:37 pm
Cont'd: "...we took back this country, our congress, our Presidency." Stairs clarifies that since it's been presented, now we're moving on.
20:39 pm
Next proposal is from Medical Clinic, but they're not here, so we'll bump it to bottom. Next is #J17 #OccupyCongress solidarity proposal.
20:39 pm
...they're not here yet. Next is @OccupyOakland. They're here! Wooo. #nycga #ows
20:39 pm
#OO: "@OccupyOakland helped coordinate the port shutdown on West Coast, we did a solidarity action here in support of that." #nycga
20:40 pm
Cont'd: "They used up most of their resources; at their GA dealing w/ funding, they voted to use 3/4 of funds to make it happen."
20:40 pm
Cont'd: "Other occupies also needed funding, so half of that money was for other occupations to flyer, all that stuff to get actions..."
20:40 pm
Cont'd: "...of the ground, and the port shutdown was the biggest success we've had, biggest actions we've done." #nycga #ows
20:41 pm
Cont'd: "This proposal is to support them, so they can keep doing actions," etc. Money would go to #OO Finance, and there'd be receipts...
20:41 pm
Cont'd: "They requested money for the other cities as well, as they used resources as well." $30k for reimbursing receipts on those actions.
20:41 pm
Cont'd: "Anything not used can be sent back, or used for next longshoremen action" at end of January. #nycga #ows
20:42 pm
Cont'd: "#OO's Finance WG's been one of the most transparent working groups." Feels it's important not just to show solidarity in action...
20:42 pm
Cont'd:... but also in resources. "We've received $ from all over the country, so it's important that we support use of funds for things..."
20:43 pm
Cont'd: "...that we say we support, and not just say we do, but also to fund it." #OO FWG would be accountable for funds for all cities.
20:43 pm
CQ: "How much per city?" A: "5 cities; #OO spent $10,000 on other cities." #nycga #ows
20:44 pm
Nan's CQ: "I'm confused. I'm trying to understand, what exactly are you asking for $30k for? Can you summarize exactly what it's for?"#nycga
20:44 pm
A: "A lot of $ was already spent by #OO to make the port shutdown happen. This is reimbursing them for expenditures they've made." #nycga
20:44 pm
Cont'd: "I can give you a list: sound truck, portapotties, etc" -- notes that if we're alone as #OWS, we'll fail. "We'll be one group..."
20:45 pm
Cont'd: "...that falls apart." If we don't support other #occupations, are we national and global, or local? Nan wants receipts. #nycga
20:45 pm
A: "We'll give you the receipts." Nan's FA: "Table this until you have the receipts." #nycga #ows
20:45 pm
CQ: "Last time we wired #OO, 2 things came out. It was very hard to get you money at all in a legal way b/c of how hellish things were."
20:46 pm
Cont'd: To do it, had to record GA requesting the funds, put it in minutes, and that folks who are responsible need to be stated in both.
20:46 pm
A: "I'm not #OO; I'm #OWS. I'm not requesting funds; I'm proposing funds." Bobby clarifies, "My understanding is that #OccupyThePorts..."
20:47 pm
Cont'd: "...did their own funding and specifically stated they did not need money from #OO." #nycga #ows
20:47 pm
A: "I've been in touch w/ #OO; they have raised some funds, but many expenses needed were covered by #occupations aside from the..." #nycga
20:48 pm
Cont'd: "...port shutdown group." CQ: "You said you were proposing, not asking; then you said you were in contact and they're asking..."
20:48 pm
Cont'd: "...which is it?" A: "Good question; #OO requested funds before #D12 and they didn't get them. This is separate, I'm proposing..."
20:48 pm
Cont'd: "...that we actually show solidarity, and make sure these movements are a success, not just us." #nycga #ows
20:49 pm
POI: "2 days before action, #OO asked for $25,000 IIRC via phone at GA. Budget showed that #OO had consensed on giving $1000 to each..."
20:50 pm
Cont'd: "...occupation. We proposed as an FA to match #OO's contribution; it was declined and that's why it was voted down." #nycga #ows
20:50 pm
Cont'd: "We didn't understand why we'd be covering so much of the costs of these autonomous occupations." #nycga #ows
20:50 pm
Cont'd: "...so now I'm confused as to why an even higher amount is being proposed now." #nycga #ows
20:51 pm
A: "I'm bringing this up not to somehow re-bring up the initial proposal, but to indicate, we have resources we spend in different ways..."
20:51 pm
Cont'd: "...here, and they've made decisions too. We indicated solidarity... I think most people agree or were in support of #PortShutdown."
20:52 pm
Cont'd: "Issue isn't whether they need the $ -- they do." If this is about whether we're in solidarity; that's one thing. But if we are...
20:52 pm
Cont'd: ...then we should be in solidarity, give funds. "They have accountability; they'll send receipts." "It's about making sure..."
20:52 pm
Cont'd: "...they're viable and making sure they can keep doing actions like we do. We're not separate; we're in it together." #nycga
20:53 pm
Bobby's POI: "I love the sentiment of what you're saying; I've been talking to them and #OccupyThePorts. If they want to ask for $..."
20:53 pm
Cont'd: "...they know we're available, they know we have a process to do so. If they want to, get in touch w/ us." #nycga #ows
20:53 pm
POI: "I went to #OO and it seems like they've only raised about $40k to date; we've raised much more, just for perspective." #nycga
20:54 pm
Someone else restates: "#OWS has received disproportionate amount of $, and I think #OO has been the most successful occupation." #nycga
20:54 pm
Cont'd: "If we can't share that... that's not good. If we want to stay in solidarity, we should be in solidarity." #nycga #ows
20:55 pm
POI: "Before I came, averaged how much we're raising this past week. According to my calculation, it was about $1328/day, best week in.."
20:55 pm
Cont'd: "...a long time. So while we had been raising a lot... if we keep spending at this rate, we won't have any." #nycga #ows
20:55 pm
Hey another POI: "Hi, I'm Stefan, I'm here from #OO! I'm really excited; this is my first time here w/ you guys. I was involved in some of..
20:56 pm
Cont'd: "...the discussion about the funding, and I know the first proposal was rejected, but we decided to request higher sum b/c..."
20:56 pm
Cont'd: "...we had the receipts." Notes shutdown cost port b/w 4 and 8 million dollars. "I'm not sure, I don't know how, when ppl donate.."
20:57 pm
Cont'd: "...$ to different occupys; this is #OWS where it started and maybe it gets money meant not just for here but for elsewhere." #nycga
20:57 pm
CQ: "How much $ do these occupations have in bank right now? And are they requesting, or are you proposing?" #nycga #ows
20:58 pm
Cont'd: "B/c the proposal on nycga.net says the money was being requested." A: "I'm proposing. It's been changed based on feedback." #nycga
20:58 pm
A cont'd: "To be completely clear, yes; they've made requests. But this is coming from me and other ppl here working, coordinating w/ #OO.."
20:58 pm
Cont'd: "...who want to see the movement keep going. So, they need the $, but they're not asking." Says #OO has about $3k right now. #nycga
20:59 pm
Cont'd: "As he pointed out, we're the target for donations; ppl think of here. Need to keep thinking of others, not just ourselves." #nycga
20:59 pm
OK, CQ stack is done. Opening stack on joined Concerns/Friendly Amendments. #nycga #ows
21:00 pm
Concern: "I agree w/ point that $ we get is meant for movement as a whole. My concern is that for the movement, it's a little dangerous.."
21:00 pm
Cont'd: "...for ppl to feel like $ is being handled w/o too much accountability," notes Bobby mentioned process they'd set up, and "now...
21:01 pm
Cont'd: "...we're just bypassing." It's easier, but we should do it the right way. A: "They attempted to go thru process we put forward..."
21:01 pm
Cont'd: "...and that was a mess. I'm not saying we bypass that, but this is to show solidarity, make sure they have funding they need."
21:01 pm
Cont'd: "And the proposal already includes receipts from the #OO FWG." Will be completely clear accounability. #nycga #ows
21:02 pm
Next Concern: "1, you haven't presented us w/ a specific budget, just buckets. 2, per Bobby's POI, if #OO or any #occupy needs funds, they..
21:03 pm
Cont'd: "...should come to us thru process and make that request, not have ppl here do it for them. And 3, same concern from before..."
21:03 pm
Cont'd: "...GA was moved, so I move that you table it until we can hear it in ZP w/ adequate budget." #nycga #ows
21:04 pm
A: "It was stated earlier that ppl were informed via blasts and via ppl in the park pointing ppl here." #nycga #ows
21:04 pm
A cont'd: "As far as bucket allotments, we're concerned about accounting and will get receipts. Whatever is remaining will come back."
21:05 pm
Next C: "If this goes thru, as a FA, can we have someone at Accounting talk to #OO, say, "Do you need this $?" and give it only if a is yes.
21:05 pm
A clarifies the FA, just to add a check b/w Accounting and #OO to make sure the $ is needed. "Yes, I accept." #nycga #ows
21:06 pm
Jason's C: "You're asking for so much $ w/o even a sheet of paper that has a general breakdown. I know it's online, but that's 24 hours..."
21:06 pm
Cont'd: "...whenever I've seen someone request this much money they have info here so ppl can inform themselves." #nycga #ows
21:07 pm
Cont'd: "That #OO wouldn't match is a huge concern, too. And haven't heard how proposal was created, whether even spoke to Accounting."
21:08 pm
A: "Accounting doesn't make these decisions; #OO's already put in upwards of 3/4s of their funds; action was one of most successful so far."
21:10 pm
POI: "I was in Oakland during #PortShutdown; can confirm that they spent most of their $ on supporting other cities. Also can confirm..."
21:10 pm
Cont'd: "...they refused to match b/c they're livid that we keep the OccupyWallSt.org funds to ourselves even w/ its movement focus."
21:11 pm
Jake's POI: "#OWS doesn't control OccupyWallSt.org; donate page includes #NYCGA general fund and #OO." Someone: hasn't always been true.
21:12 pm
Justin from Accounting's FA: "Bring receipts and let us decide what we want to reimburse." Need more info and documentation. #nycga #ows
21:12 pm
A: "I don't accept b/c we think action was great, if we don't approve of how $ was spent, we must not approve of the action." #nycga #ows
21:12 pm
A: "The action happened; it came out of the consensus of #OO GA; we were in support of that action. If we think they spent the $ poorly..."
21:13 pm
A cont'd: "...do you really think everyone here will read every receipt?" Justin clarifies: "I don't think you understand. Am I correct..."
21:14 pm
Cont'd: "...that you're proposing we send $, and they send receipts + change? I suggest we pay for receipts received." #nycga #ows
21:14 pm
A: "If we look over their shoulder on every decision they make - and I do think we need to receive receipts -- they've spent the $ already."
21:14 pm
A cont'd: "Whether or not we reimburse it is a different issue than whether or not they spent it how we'd want them to." #nycga #ows
21:15 pm
Nathan's concern: "It seems like there's a process that's been established b/w our Accounting and their FWG - it sounds like this..." #nycga
21:16 pm
Cont'd: "...is circumventing that process, and when we asked you you said it was confusing to navigate." Skeptical of what happened. #nycga
21:16 pm
A wants someone from #OO to verify $ is needed. "I think all of the pts that have been made are quite valid; idea of needing receipts..."
21:16 pm
Cont'd: "...and transparency is really important; sad there's no concrete budget. Could have it for Thursday if it is tabled. But, it's..."
21:17 pm
Cont'd: "...very time-sensitive; we've agreed to go up to Washington to support Longshoremen against EGT's union-busting actions..."
21:17 pm
Cont'd: "...there's a big shipment due out sometime in January (will know exact date ahead of time), and we're hoping for 1000s of ppl to.."
21:18 pm
Cont'd: "...go up and stop shipment from going out." Not a coincidence they chose remote town to try non-union labor at grain terminal. #ows
21:19 pm
Someone, out of process: "This is about #solidarity and giving them the effing $ b/c we have oodles of it." Someone else: "No, we don't."
21:20 pm
She was also not into waiting for receipts. POI: "We have ppl whose names are on bank accounts and their futures hinge on receipts." #nycga
21:20 pm
Stairs reminds us that POIs aren't opinions. "They're factual information regarding the proposal, or whatever it is, on hand." #nycga #ows
21:21 pm
Nan's Concern/FA: "I'm in solidarity w/ Oakland. I am. But #OWS is having things going on right now. Jail, housing, a lot of things..."
21:21 pm
Cont'd: "...the $ that we have, we have to take care of ppl here first." But says she'll block til gets "concrete evidence," i.e. receipts.
21:23 pm
Nan cont'd: "And also, btw, we're not Bank of America." And on that note, we move to consensus. Asking for blocks... 6 blocks. #nycga
21:24 pm
Someone notes they don't think it can be passed right now b/c of opposition, highlights FAs to table. Stairs clarifies still need to ask...
21:24 pm
...for blocks! First block removed. Oh, but we need to restate proposal w/ FAs. Good lookin out, proposer. #nycga #ows
21:25 pm
Proposal is to give $30,000 to #OO, to distribute $5k to each other city in #PortShutdown and cover their own outlays. Leftover will go...
21:26 pm
Cont'd: ...back to us. Also, will make sure they need it before we go forward. Asking for blocks again. #nycga #ows
21:27 pm
OK, 5 blocks. Nan's block. "If you don't table until you bring receipts, I don't remove my block. You want us to approve expenses we..."
21:27 pm
Cont'd: "...haven't seen. We need to know what the $ is for." A: "The other week, we were both at AWG mtg, and you indicated..." #nycga #ows
21:28 pm
Cont'd: "...that you wanted them to give you $ w/o receipts. So if they're an ethical concern for you..." Stairs de-escalates. #nycga #ows
21:28 pm
Proposer insists it pertains to the ethical nature of her block. Nan: "It was a question I asked Accounting. Just a question." #nycga #ows
21:29 pm
Next block: "There's a process for everything w/ Accounting; if #OO doesn't want to go thru the process, they shouldn't get $." #nycga #ows
21:29 pm
A: "That's a process for requests, this is a proposal made here." Blocker is unsatisfied. #nycga #ows
21:29 pm
Justin's block: "The semantics b/w request and proposal are irrelevant; if you're not willing to have receipts produced ahead of..." #nycga
21:30 pm
Cont'd: "...disbursement, I can't -- if you would provide receipts first, I would gladly remove my block." #nycga #ows
21:31 pm
Next Blocker is for same reasons, "and plus because of the move tonight." Proposer asks to address by amending to include that.. #nycga #ows
21:32 pm
Cont'd: ..."by Thursday, we get a list of items and receipts to present to AWG. They need receipts anyway; they'll be provided to us Thurs."
21:33 pm
Blocker indicates that his block could only be set aside if they table and bring back, w/ receipts, for Thursday. #nycga #ows
21:33 pm
Next Block is due to financial concerns. "We'll run out; we have other needs, we need to address our own needs first. If NY runs out of $.."
21:34 pm
Cont'd: "...then what happens?" Answer: "We spent $30k in less than a week and had the best action yet, on entire west coast." #nycga
21:34 pm
Cont'd: "...this is about keeping entire movement viable." Also, re: running out of $: "If we start worrying about spending $, if we..."
21:35 pm
Cont'd: "...don't keep doing things, we won't need the bail funds." Must continue doing things. "We wnt to see more things of PortShutdown..
21:35 pm
Cont'd: ...caliber. "I hope you'll reconsider yr block w/ respect to quantity and quality of funding." We need to think about them. #nycga
21:35 pm
Blocker: "Unfortunately, had you asked for 1 digit less, I would have supported you like mad. But at this moment, until we've put aside..."
21:36 pm
"...money for NYC's needs," can't give to #OO. Next block: "You didn't come correctly. Until you know, 'this is what they spent...'" #nycga
21:37 pm
A: "#OO has brought receipts before; their finances WG is incredibly transparent. We denied funding before; this is for the Port action."
21:37 pm
Cont'd: "This shouldn't be about receipts; that's a resolvable accounting issue. This is about solidarity." #nycga #ows
21:38 pm
Stairs notes, "I didn't see any blocks that dropped. Did any of the blockers drop their block?" Nope. #nycga #ows
21:39 pm
Stairs: "The proposers have decided to table the proposal b/c it's clear we won't reach either full or modified consensus." #nycga #ows
21:39 pm
Jake announces that the #tweetboat Pizza delivered was to celebrate @OccupyWallStNYC's 100,000th follower! Yay! #nycga #ows
21:40 pm
And the other proposals are tabled b/c the proposers are not present. Now we're moving to announcements, heading to end of GA. #nycga #ows
21:40 pm
Alex: "It's important that we remember that this is a movement, that we need to work together and get on track. A lot of GAs, we're..."
21:40 pm
Cont'd: "...talking about $. A lot of working groups have tensions; what concerns me is the OccupyWallSt.org page. We have a lot of..."
21:41 pm
Cont'd: "...these random videos, but we need to educate ppl about NDAA, and SOPA." Has been telling ppl about it over holidays. #nycga #ows
21:42 pm
Cont'd: "We're just talking about funds. We need to be working together to create change in the world, focus on main points of actions..."
21:42 pm
Cont'd: "...that need to be done. We wouldn't have this money w/o people's donations every day. We're sitting at 60 Wall, eating food.."
21:42 pm
Cont'd: "...drinking coffee; ppl are coming around looking for Info, having to mic check at 60 Wall." Wants a better information structure.
21:43 pm
Cont'd: "Everyone has a voice, even tho not everyone wants to come and tell you how to do things. We are a movement. A lot of these..."
21:43 pm
Cont'd: "...issues aren't just happening in NYC; they're around the country and the world. Ppl are bombing each other." #nycga #ows
21:44 pm
Next: "It's very important what my brother was saying right now; we're focused on money every day, replicating same bodies we're..."
21:44 pm
Cont'd: "...fighting against. I think -- and this is just my personal opinion -- we have this false sense of entitlement. Someone was..."
21:45 pm
Cont'd: "...talking about us, us us -- us is not here, it's around the world. Oakland has straight-up way more balls than we do." #nycga
21:45 pm
That's contentious. "They have no $, and they're still activists. We have a few hundred thousand and can't get our shit straight." #nycga
21:45 pm
Cont'd: "What we need to do is not HAVE any $, and see if we can still do the same shit." APPLAUSE. #nycga #ows
21:46 pm
"I'm in Minutes, and I see what happens at GA every day. I'm part of @OccupyTheYouth; I teach direct democracy to HS youth. I don't..."
21:46 pm
Cont'd: "...ask for money for pizza parties or books." "It's unnecessary; we need to pump the brakes and figure out how we're doing." #nycga
21:47 pm
Next on stack. "I'm Fury; I'm from @OccupyLA; I was born and raised in LES. It's an honor to see you here bringing the soul back to NYC."
21:47 pm
Stairs notes that ppl should be giving factual announcements in Announcements, and then we have Soapbox. #nycga #ows
21:48 pm
Anthony: "In Egypt, ppl are being shot in the eyes. We're not being shot yet. Fuck our money, man. We're a movement, we're all brothers..."
21:48 pm
Cont'd: "...and sisters [and people of many other gender identities -Ed.] and we should act like a family instead of bickering over money."
21:49 pm
Next announcement: "Alternative Currency working group is trying to have a fundraiser Sunday selling artwork, so if A&C has ppl who want..."
21:50 pm
Cont'd: "..to sell artwork, that's on Sunday." Notes that when we make decisions & lots of ppl aren't around, they get confused. #nycga #ows
21:50 pm
Sparrow's Announcement: "OccupyTheatre is going to have its first open meeting! on Thursday! At 3pm! Charlotte's Place is closed, so we..."
21:51 pm
Cont'd: Well, they were gonna use 60 Wall, but someone POId that it'll also be closed Weds, Thurs, Sunday. "We're gonna meet at the Park."
21:51 pm
Sparrow restates: "On Thursday, at 3pm, in Zuccotti Park, OccupyTheatre will be having an open meeting. We also need ppl who know of..."
21:51 pm
Cont'd: "...locations where we can hold events and fundraisers." #nycga #ows
21:52 pm
Also, "my phone was stolen for the third time. If anybody in the community has a working cellphone that they'd like to donate for me to..."
21:52 pm
Cont'd: "....use, I'd really appreciate that." Stairs: "Mic check! This GA's completed its agenda. Now closing, having Soapbox here!" #nycga
23:15 pm
@jopauca @what_a_fiasco ...while you count standasides, the only real numbers that matter are: # against and # of ppl present.
23:16 pm
@jopauca @what_a_fiasco so, we should never be counting the number of people for a proposal. It's just about whether >=10% oppose.
23:17 pm
@jopauca yes, there was a dude who had driven tents from NC for part of #n17 and when the van was impounded he was arrested, found w/ gun.